Down at the farm we have a big breakfast to start our day. Waking up early with the roosters is pretty tough sometimes. So why not try out this quick and easy recipe for French Toast. You can even make it the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. Fry up some bacon if you want and a good cup of coffee and everyone will be on their way. This is a great "company" brunch item too.
|Rise and shine time to get up.|
1/2 cup melted butter (1 stick)
1 cup brown sugar
1 loaf of thickly sliced bread
1 1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Powdered sugar for sprinkling
Cinnamon for sprinkling
1. Melt butter in microwave & add brown sugar....stir till mixed.
2. Pour butter/sugar mix into bottom of 9 x 13 pan....spread around.
3. Beat eggs, milk, & vanilla
4. Lay single slices of bread in pan
5. Spoon 1/2 of egg mixture on bread layer
6. Sprinkle some cinnamon over bread/eggs
7. Add 2nd layer of sliced bread
8. Spoon on remaining egg mixture
9. Cover & chill in fridge overnight
10. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (covered for the first 30 minutes)
11. Sprinkle with powdered sugar & cinnamon
12. Serve with warm maple syrup