Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My Dream Herb Farm.

I have been growing herbs for 25 years. They are usually pretty easy to grow and the deer are not fond of them. My favorite is basil. Any kind of basil is good. I have a pot of it by the front door when I pass I pluck a few leaves just to carry around it enjoy the aroma. I also do this with lavender. Here are a few photos that I hope you will enjoy. Happy Gardening.






 Drying herbs is a way to preserve them.

There are so many varieties of basil to choose from. Lemon, Thai, Italian, be sure to pick off the white flowering part on the top to have continued growth.  





You can grow them in containers as shown. On a fence or in hanging shoe caddies. Use old silverware with wine corks to name them. Pretty clever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment