Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Day In The Life Of A Wild Turkey


First, let me say that I never knew that turkey's slept in trees. I thought they would fell off the the branches because they were heavy. Silly me. Till you realize they are actually a bird then it makes sense. Oh well what do I know I am from the city. The first time I saw this was while I was visiting a friend's farm in Missouri. I was sleeping peacefully it was early morning.  I hear something falling loudly on the roof and the pitter patter of feet.  Not once, not twice but several times. I thought it can't be Santa's reindeer, so I went out to look. And what do I see, but a tree full of wild turkeys. Yeah, these big old gobblers jumping from the over hang on to the roof then running to the edge and jumping off. Once on the ground they would gobble and run around just having a grand old time. 














.

No comments:

Post a Comment